Saturday, August 26, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup August 19th- 26th

Making my way through Death Overdue a Haunted Library Mystery by Allison Brook this weekend. Makes being mostly couch bound bearable. If you follow my blog or social media you know I have been unwell for more than a month now and I am slowly fighting my way back to health. Spending most of my day couch bound. Lovely to have such amazing books to read and I have even been able to enjoy more of my Murchies Vanilla Tea this week, I also finished my cranberry cream tea I bought earlier this summer, thinking of making the ten hour drive to get more...dreaming really. I have been doing lots of reading, and a bit of visiting, having my Uncle Ross, my dad's brother, drive more than 3,000 miles with his truck stacked full of photos of the family from the 1800's for me to have. Unbelieveable how these photos of many times removed relatives look just like family members alive today! DNA Wow! I can not wait to share some photos with you soon, also a gem was a photo my family took during the second world war of the then Queen of England touring Canada, that will go in a frame for sure!
 I am getting really excited for Buy a Friend A Book Day which is August 31st! This is one of my most favorite days of the year and I am hoping I will be well enough to shop locally, otherwise I may have to do my shopping on line for a few people! Be sure to remember to pick up a book for someone in your life on August 31st! 

I am excited to announce that I am co-hosting an event on October 3rd for the Release day party of author Joyce Tremel's A Room With A Brew on my Beyond The Bookmarks Facebook Page and you are invited! Great prizes, recipes, and so much more, I hope you will join us for an evening of fun and get to know other cozy lovers, we all want to go somewhere where everyone knows your name, come make a new friend and learn about this series! Click here to RSVP to the event! 
I meant to share this last week, something I put together to share a bit about why I love cozy mysteries and one of the lessons I take away from some of my favorites. While I don't have daughters I do love the books about eccentric aunts who do something that guides them and helps them makethe changes that lead to a direction change in their life trajectory!As you can see above I have a few nieces, and what I think is a great goal!
Announced earlier this week over on Lisa Ks Book Review, we have enjoyed so much our Summer Three Amigos reading club that we have decided to expand and continue with our Five Amigos Fall-O-ween Fun Series. Adding My dear Friend Karen Kenyon to my blog here as a guest blogger, and our dear friend Sheryl of Booth Talks Books! We will be sharing our favorite Fall themed cozies and then in October switch to our Halloween themed, or paranormal cozy favorites.

Lisa, Mary, Sheryl, Karen K and I look forward to sharing with you and seeing what each other chooses for our fall selections and our Halloween ones we hope you will join in the fun too! We hope you will welcome our new Amigos and love our new series! This all starts September 4th.
The Witching Hour was my Witchy Wednesday selection for review this week, I enjoyed this book and shared a bit about this October release, I would not mind having this one on my shelf either.

Tonya Kappes has some wonderful books and this is a series I adore, I know you are going to love ax to Grind, do check this one out! I read it in one sitting not wanting to put the book down.
I read and reviewed the up coming release of From Ice To Ashes, this book is going to be out soon as an e-copy for you to enjoy!
Learn more about it at our Beyond The Bookmarks Event on September 24th! Click here to RSVP to this event

I have a review of Dressed to Confess for you tomorrow I hope you will come back and see what I thought of this third book in series.

I made a point of getting my Friday spotlight video made and this weeks video is a spotlight on Ellery Adam's Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery Series. It is up on my Youtube Channel, I invite you to stop by and subscribe!  Click here for the video if it doesn't play above.


Thank you all for joining me here for what has been on my table, in my cup and on my mind this week. I love having you stop by and I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed the summer Three Amigos series and so I'm very happy to hear there will be a series for fall!

    ReplyDelete