Sunday, July 30, 2017

Amanda Flower's Assaulted Caramel

I read and finished Amanda Flower's Assaulted Caramel this past week. This one is out August  29th and you can even pre order book two which comes out next January! 
I had an idea in my head what this would be like when I started however I was very impressed with how the storyline progressed.  The unexpected surprises Amanda had for us in this story! I find that I enjoyed the relationship between main character Bailey King who is NOT Amish and her very much Amish grandparents tugged at my heartstrings in unexpected ways!  You can feel the chemistry jump off the pages between Bailey and  Aiden and your will want to adopt little Nutmeg for yourself. 
I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series and feel author Amanda Flower has done an awesome job with Assaulted Caramel. 

Bailey King is living the sweet life as assistant chocolatier at world-famous JP Chocolates in New York City. But just when Bailey’s up for a life-changing promotion, her grandmother calls with news that her grandfather’s heart condition has worsened. Bailey rushes to Harvest, Ohio, where her grandparents still run Swissmen Sweets, the Amish candy shop where she was first introduced to delicious fudge, truffles, and other assorted delights.She finds her grandfather is doing better than she feared. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for a local Englisch developer, whom Bailey finds dead in the candy shop kitchen—with Jebediah King’s chocolate knife buried in his chest. Now the police are sweet on her grandfather as the prime suspect. Despite the sincere efforts of a yummy deputy with chocolate-brown eyes, Bailey takes it on herself to clear Jebediah. But as a cunning killer tries to fudge the truth, Bailey may be headed straight into a whole batch of trouble . . .

You can pre order Amanda Flower's Assaulted Caramel by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmial.com

2 comments: