Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Pie To Vie For Kathryn Lin

Monday I read this lovely short cozy mystery by Kathryn Lin called A Pie to View For. I immediately loved that the main character  Olivia, was a mom, and who had recently bought an old VW Bus for her and her daughter to "Glamp" in. Visiting her parents on the trip her Van breaks down and is need of costly repairs. She is motivated to enter the town baking contest in order to help over the cost of repairs should she win the baking contest. Overcoming her dislike of one of my most favorite pies she sets to work, but she has some stiff competition and a strong connection to the town. I loved this very short mystery and I think you will too. It really was a very sweet short cozy mystery.
This is a short story that can be read as a stand-alone or as a prologue to the Olivia Faulkner Mysteries series. It is shorter than the rest of the books in the series which are all full length novels.Olivia planned on a summer road trip across the country, but she ends up stuck in her childhood home in Grand Arbor Township when her camper van breaks down. Good thing there's a $1000 grand prize in this year's Grand Arbor Cherry Festival Pie Baking Contest... The problem is--somebody is determined to make sure nobody wins.Can Olivia find out who's sabotaging the contest or will this year be the last cherry festival in Grand Arbor?

I got mine on Amazon and you can find it by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment