Saturday, December 30, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup December 23rd-30th

Here we are last Saturday of 2017 already. What a week this has been, never really sure what day it is, checking the calendar as I went to be sure then cross checking it with the phone and computer. I hope I am not alone in this. What a week for sure. I have survived Christmas, entertained family, had dental surgery, continued running my 24/7 event on Beyond The Bookmarks and somehow managed to even find, make that make time to read this week.
I finished the Free cozy Bakeries & Bones by Nic Roberts Friday afternoon, will be sharing my review tomorrow. A cozy short mystery you are going to enjoy I know so if you can download it and read it now!
This week I read and reviewed Dial M for Mousse, which is from a series I very much enjoyed by Laura Bradford. This one is out January 2nd...
On my table a new teacup, saucer and spoon I was given as a gift on Christmas Eve from a friend, my niece LB loved it so much and was the first to point it out at Christmas dinner, I think I should let her enjoy it next tea party.
Christmas Eve as a different one for us this year, filled with plot twists, with highs and lows. Sick parents, friends and with all my boys in on the True aspect of Christmas giving and elfing, the stress I normally faced every 8 pm on Christmas Eve fully dissipated and I am pleased to say we still managed to capture that true magic of Christmas, on Christmas morning.
See me, Christmas Eve just before bed, cold but happy and we had a white Christmas here, which I feel as though I can count on one hand the amount of times that has happened in my adult life.
My absolutely stunning tree is still up, which for me is not normal, usually I have it down Boxing Day or even as early as Christmas Day in years past. This year however my wonderful mother in law lent us her amazing tree and my very talented sister in law decorated the tree for us and it is as close to perfection as I think possible. I have so enjoyed it and this year for the first time in years I am really going to miss it when it is gone. Truly felt like a season of many blessings and felt as though we had lots of support and love from our family and community. Maybe not the best Christmas we ever had but certainly one of the most enjoyable in years. Not stress free, but learning to embrace the Holiday Plot Twists made getting through those stressful moments not turn into a stressful season. Let's just say it was Blessedly Stressed, not overwhelming this year.
In my cup this week I have had so many wonderful different types of teas. Mostly black teas, though I have learned to love my Strawberry Matcha Tea mixed with Orange Juice and I will tell you that I feel like I have more energy throughout the day when I drink it, perhaps it is all just in my head but either way I am grateful.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to join me these last 52 Saturdays for a lookback at what has been on my table and in my cup. I treasure the relationships I have made, the connections with authors, readers and so many people I now call friends because of the books I read and the teas I enjoy.  Thank you for joining me here. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment