Sunday, October 1, 2017

Bones To Pick by Linda Lovely


I read Bones to Pick by Linday Lovely September 19-21, this book is out October 24th and published by Henery Press. This is the first book in the Brie Hooker series and a first by this author for me. The humor is not lost on a main character who is not just vegetarian but vegan, a chef no less, who finds herself running a goat farm with her aunt. When a skeleton is unearthed on the family farm during a wake, all heck breaks loose, a battle reminiscent of the Hatfields and Mccoys ensues.  The mystery is a good one and I do like family history mysteries but I don't always love the Yanks Vs Southerners theme, there is a mild one in this story. I did love the best friend love interests who add quite a bit of charm to the story, both men are polar opposites and give the story an added boost of not just romance but that cozy mystery love triangle that keeps the reader guessing and choosing sides. I liked this book more for the backstory and relationships more than the mystery itself.  Feisty family vs Small minded/towned sheriff and crooked police force in this story but a very good start for a very interesting series. I found myself dreaming about the characters and series when I finished the book so they clearly cemented themselves in my consciousness and I look forward to reading what happens next....I invite you to read this one and to let me know if you are on Team Paint, or Team Veterinarian....
Living on a farm with four hundred goats and a cantankerous carnivore isn’t among vegan chef Brie Hooker’s list of lifetime ambitions. But she can’t walk away from her Aunt Eva, who needs help operating her dairy. Once she calls her aunt’s goat farm home, grisly discoveries offer ample inducements for Brie to employ her entire vocabulary of cheese-and-meat curses. The troubles begin when the farm’s pot-bellied pig unearths the skull of Eva’s husband, who disappeared years back. The sheriff, kin to the deceased, sets out to pin the murder on Eva. He doesn’t reckon on Brie’s resolve to prove her aunt’s innocence. Death threats, ruinous pedicures, psychic shenanigans, and biker bar fisticuffs won’t stop Brie from unmasking the killer, even when romantic befuddlement throws her a curve.

Click here to pre order your own copy of Linda Lovely's Bones To Pick form Amazon. 

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment