Sunday, August 13, 2017

Chime and Punishment by Julianne Holmes

Thursday I read Julianne Holmes second book in the Clock Shop Mystery series called Chime and Punishment. I did not read book one and yet I felt like I could follow along and understand the story line very well. Main character Ruth is likeable and admirable, running her family clock shop, which has been around for more than 100 years. She is dedicated and enthusiastic about her work and her small town. Getting the clock tower up and running is as much about bringing the community together as it is the focus of the book. I loved the characters, even the ill fated Town Manager who I too was not sad when she turns up dead. I was guessing for quite a few chapters about who the killer was and I did figure it out before the big reveal but I did not put all the pieces together with out the help of the author. I really enjoyed this, I was not sure I would as the subject matter may not have appealed to me right away. I love the cover and the whole story. This was a very pleasant surprise for me. This one is already out and ready for your to enjoy!
 Expert clockmaker Ruth Clagan has another murder on her hands in the third Clock Shop Mystery from the author of Clock and Dagger.
 Years ago, the serenity of picturesque Orchard, Massachusetts, was shattered by a fire that destroyed the town's beloved clock tower. Ruth inherited the dream of repairing it from her late grandfather. Now that she’s returned home to run his clock shop, the Cog & Sprocket, she’s determined to make it happen, despite wrenches that are being thrown into the works by her least favorite person, town manager Kim Gray.A crowd of residents and visitors are excited to see the progress of the tower at a fund-raiser for the campaign, until Kim is found crushed under the tower’s bell, putting an end to all the fun. The list of suspects is so long it could be read around the clock, and it includes some of Ruth’s nearest and dearest.

Time's a-wastin’ as Ruth tries to solve another murder in her beloved Orchard while keeping the gears clicking on her dream project.

I enjoyed this book and if you would like to read it too you can find it on Amazon by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment