Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Christmas Peril by J.A. Hennrikus

Thursday last week I sat down to read A Christmas Peril, by J.A. Hennrikus. I did not know at the time that J.A. Hennrikus is also author Julianne Holmes, though I should have known by the excellence in the way the story was written! A Christmas Peril centers around a retired police officer who is now a theater company general manager. The death of a prominent member of the community who is not well loved and who is distantly related to main character Edwina, who goes by Sully, has her pulled into a no win situation! On top of the family drama, the theater production of A Christmas Carol is not coming together as hoped or planned and so much is riding on its success. In true cozy mystery spirit, two love interests both with history and intrigue, help and hinder Sully's ability to concentrate on what is now both her jobs, the murder mystery and the overseeing of the Christmas play! I was blown away with how this one played out and I had no idea until the reveal who or why the murders happened and who was behind it all. Loved this one and it was a great read! This one is out September 8th by Midnight Ink and one you will not want to put down! I love this cover so much as well, it is one I would pick up in a shop for sure!


You can pre order this cozy from Amazon by clicking here. 

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment