Monday, July 10, 2017

Three Amigos Summer Reading Club Week 4

Week 4 of our Three Amigos Summer Reading Series and I am thrilled and excited to announce my pick for a Road Trip or Book About A Car.


 Mine is Caught Dead Handed by Carol J Perry. I love this series! It is a paranormal series but has some great ties to witchcraft and a whole lot of fun with the main character Lee is a widowed NASCAR Drivers wife who starts life over with her aunt in Salem Massachusetts, I don't want to give too much away but she ends up with a pretty sweet ride!  I love this series and I hope you will give it a try!  It is so much better then the amazon write up shared below!
Most folks associate the city of Salem, Massachusetts with witches, but for Lee Barrett, it's home. This October she's returned to her hometown--where her beloved Aunt Ibby still lives--to interview for a job as a reporter at WICH-TV. But the only opening is for a call-in psychic to host the late night horror movies. It seems the previous host, Ariel Constellation, never saw her own murder coming. Lee reluctantly takes the job, but when she starts seeing real events in the obsidian ball she's using as a prop, she wonders if she might really have psychic abilities. To make things even spookier, it's starting to look like Ariel may have been an actual practicing witch--especially when O'Ryan, the cat Lee and Aunt Ibby inherited from her, exhibits some strange powers of his own. With Halloween fast approaching, Lee must focus on unmasking a killer--or her career as a psychic may be very short lived. . .


You can find it on Amazon.com by clicking here.
You can find it here with free world wide shipping from The Book Depository by clicking here

You know I love a good car when I see one! 
So let's see what my Amigos have for their picks! 



Check out Lisa's Pick by clicking here.

Please leave us each a comment as you visit our page, we love hearing from you and what you think of our books! If you have thoughts or a series you like on this theme, do let us know in the comments below.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a Three Amigos Summer Reading Club Selection I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Great choice! I love this series too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Leave it to you to find the cozy that mentions NASCAR! This is a fun series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and you know that Joyce and Jim Lavene had a series about it too right?

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a really fun series, Since I like paranormal so much, I have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another new to me author/series, will need to check this one out too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new to me author. Sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete