Saturday, June 10, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup June 3rd-10th

Saturday morning and I am reading my way through Carol Novis' Long In The Sleuth. Love this book so far can not wait to share with you more in my review.  I have had another crazy week, not just the normal crazy but the crazy where you have 4 firemen trying to get a 2 year old out of the bathroom because the door strike jammed when she slammed it, when the puppy stole her monkey.... Man my life is truly funny sometimes in hindsight that is.  I am now walking without crutches and while my ankle is very sore and swollen by the end of the day it is now mostly managed.
I have started something new and I have now got a Youtube Channel I hope that you will subscribe to! I have two videos currently posted and am working on some channel art hoping to have you stop over and subscribe! I hope this becomes a fun and easy way to share my love of books I have read and books I am reading with you in a short and personal way.


 I also got quite a bit of reading done this week and was thrilled to share quite a few reviews this week. Murder at the Lighthouse by Frances Evesham was a delightful British Cozy mystery read this week and should still be a free book at time of publishing, you may want to pick this one up too!
While still on crutches I managed to hobble over to a little French Cafe near by and enjoy a Rosemary Savory Scone,  some Marco Polo Tea and read a few chapters of Kylie Logan's French Fried before the school called and I had to pick up my son who had a fever.  Good news is I had just taken my last bite and my last sip of this very delicious tea and was fortified for the afternoon that followed.
Such a divine treat to get an advanced reading copy of Lorna Barrett's A Just Clause. when I read the last line I was so thrilled and sad at the same time knowing I would have to wait just that much longer to read the next one. Advanced reading copies can be a double edged sword!
Such a treat this one is out next Tuesday and should be on your TBR pile for sure!


Monday morning our visitors from Japan went back home. It was an adventure having 5 boys in the house this weekend and fun playing tourist in our own town. I can not wait to do this again next year. I hope that we have made long lasting friendships and that we can build on it for many years to come. The school gave us a beautiful box containing some sugar cookies perfect reminder of the sweet boys we got to spend the weekend with and it pairs beautifully with my tea. Special thanks to Jack and Janie my dear friends for the beautiful "Welcome to the Ankle Club" flowers they gave me after my accident with my ankle. Mine is not broken but Janie's is, for all the pain in endured she suffered 100% worse, we are forever Left Ankle Twins!

I can not thank you enough for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I hope you like some of the new changes I have made with the addition of the  Youtube Channel and the Fancy Friday Finds. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment