Saturday, June 24, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup June 17-24th



A very hot Saturday on the menu for today, one last week of school for the kids and the temperature is rising here.  Summer arrived with full force  this week and with it the need for summer reads. We started this week with our 11 week Three Amigos Summer Reading club, I hope you have enjoyed our first three summer suggestions and I can not wait for Monday to reveal the next ones! I was thrilled to receive Judy Volhart's Ice Whine and Irish Cheddar in the mail this week, I read it in one sitting and look forward to sharing my review with you tomorrow. 
I enjoy toast and jam daily so when I was approved to review Toast & Jam I was very delighted!
This book is out August 15th and if you have a foodie in the house this is a book you will need to own! Look for my review later this week.
I had Killer Party on my table this week by Lynn Cahoon. This long running series gets more interesting with each book and I know you will enjoy this one for sure. Out July 18th now is the  time to pre order this one!
Another fun summer read and this one called The Fiesta Burger Murder is a first in series from author Rosie A. Point. While the cover doesn't give the cozy feeling, the book does for sure and the cover makes me hungry! This one is out July 4th and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this story line and theme.
The Decorator Who Knew Too Much by Diane Vallere was a read I was not expecting to evoke such emotion in me! I enjoyed this delightful mystery and it was a new series for me. This one is out now and a great summer read for sure. The cover is spot on with the series and I love that what you see is what you can expect from this fun vintage loving series. 

Thank you so much for joining me here today for this weekly review. I love having you join me and I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: