Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Lorna Barrett's A Just Clause

A Just Clause by Lorna Barrett 's 11th book in what is admittedly my most favorite long running cozy mystery series, is out one week from today on June 13th. There is something so captivating in this cozy series characters whom have become like a second family to me.  The characters in this series from main characters Tricia and her sister Angelica, to their friends and employees, and even the new generation of  Stoneham, feel so real and so relatable. This series chronicles so much of their lives, struggles, revelations and relations that I often find myself  thinking of these characters long after the story is done. I was truly surprised with the direction that Author Lorna Barrett took with A Just Clause,  the struggle for  Tricia and Angelica was more balanced  in this one, I found that where I had felt horrible for Tricia all these years, I  also found myself having sympathetic feelings for Angelica for even more deep reasons then I had ever considered in previous books.  Lorna created the most wonderful family out of some extraordinary characters for Tricia and Angelica and only in the last few books have we gotten to know their blood relatives.  I love the theme in the book of family being who you love and surround yourself with, and I even loved it more when  Tricia and Angelica's  dysfunctional parents join in the circle....okay it's more of a Venn Diagram but it sure does make for a great story!
  When I finished reading it last night, on the last word, out loud I said "Oh no!" Not because of how it ended but because it ended and now I wait in earnest for another visit to Stoneham and a visit with my friends in the Booktown Mystery series.


To pre order your own copy of A Just Clause from Amazon please click here. 
To learn more about this amazing series and other work by Author Lorna Barrett please click here. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, it's funny but this is the second time in the same evening that I've seen a cozy reviewer say that Lorna Barrett's Booktown series is one of your all-time favs. I've never read any of her books, so I'm curious to know why you love the series so much. And I'm obviously going to have to zip over to Amazon to order up the first in the series. Can't wait to get started! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy! I can not tell you why without spoiling it but Tricia is a most welcome character and so easy to relate too! I hope you enjoy this series as much as I do. They grow on you and stay with you like family.

      Delete