Friday, May 19, 2017

Tea Tent Is Now Up and Open To Receiving Guests!


Yesterday was the first really nice day here this week and my dad an my niece came over to help me erect the tea tent.  For my 40th birthday a little while ago a friend bought me an outdoor tent that I transformed into an outdoor escape. I called it the tea tent the old one is shown above.

Well sadly on December 10th,  just before we moved the original tea tent collapsed under what I thought was a freak ice/snow storm. We just don't get snow like that here normally so I never thought to take the tea tent down.  I was devastated, so many happy memories in that tent!
My dad found one online and on sale in December to replace my special place. It has sat in my basement since we moved. We had 4 more major snow storms during and after we moved so I had not even dared to put it up. This weekend however is the May long weekend for Victoria Day, a celebration of  Queen Victoria's Birthday and for us in this house a 4 day weekend.

The tent we put up yesterday is  a little different, lighter weight and easier to put together ( so taking it down in the fall should be easier too).  This is a photo of my first two guests who helped me put it together yesterday. My dad and my niece PB who's sisters were shown in the tea photo above and who at the time was too little to enjoy a tea party.  She and I get to spend a lot of time together so we will have many more tea parties to come.
Even though everything in my life feels so different now in the new house, new neighborhood I started to feel a bit more at home as soon as I hung up my chandelier.  If you are a long time reader you may recognize it, I turned this once indoor candle holder into a solar powered outdoor chandelier for the tea tent and it is one of my most favorite repurposed items ever .
I am happy to say the tea tent is now open to receive guests as early as this weekend, I think I need to go bake some scones now...
While they are baking I will go read a bit more of Sweet Tea and Spirits by Angie Fox.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cosy tea tent update.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment