Saturday, May 27, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup May 20th-27th

Saturday morning and another week has flown by. Long cold winter and wet spring have given way to mid summer temps and the windows are open to get that much needed cross breeze and with the warm weather the ants have returned, and I am again at war....

 Several memorable events and activities this week, birthdays X3, a baby shower, honor choir concert, which I preformed in, a bake sale and more. This did not lend itself to much reading this week.

 I did however get a few reviews in, like Asking for Truffle by Dorothy St. James, This one is not out until September but one to preorder for sure. I really enjoyed how it read. Great mystery and start to a series!
The bake sale was Thursday and I baked more than 120 cookies this week to help support my son's upcoming Europe trip in 2018, the bake sale looks like it was a great success and I was thrilled to be reviewing an upcoming Holiday Cookies Cookbook, the Red Velvet Chocolate Crinkle Cookies turned out brilliantly. Some really great cookies in this book and the photos are fantastic. Out in September also this would make a really nice gift for a friend or yourself.
Maddie Hatter and The Deadly Diamond was another book I read and finished this week. It was a fun adventure mystery for those about 12 and older. Great Steampunk feel and adventure.
I am currently working my way through The Somnambulist and the Psychic Thief by Lisa Tuttle.
I hope where you are this weekend you are able to enjoy the more gentle weather and company of those you like most.
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Good post, loved it and love the crockery. Tea is love and I think almost everyone in asia wants to have a cup of tea in a day. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete