Saturday, May 6, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup April 29th to May 6th

It has been a crazy week, so much has happened and it is hard to get my head around it all. This week has had its ups and fair share of downs, and I shall be glad to say goodbye to it!
I am happily distracted by the wonderful book Death in Dark Blue on my table today from Julia Buckley. It is hard to put down, but I have put it away reluctantly so I could write today's post. This one is out now and a dream to read.
My Puppy Niece and I snuck our teeth in to Kathleen Bridge's Ghostal living this week and loved it. This was a lovely addition to the series, Meg is a strong and wonderful character. Lots of gritty characters to suspect in this one, fun read for sure.
 I had a really bad reaction to Shelfish this week and am now the proud/reluctant owner of an Epi Pen. The doctor pointed out to me that had I eaten a prawn he and I would not be having the conversation we were having as I would not be here to hear it,  and that any woman who carried a purse as big as mine had no excuse for not carrying one. In my defence 20 years ago when I learned of my allergy no one had epi pens. It was not the way I hoped to spend my mother in laws 70th birthday dinner but she kindly saved me cake. Also my husband kindly brought my book to the hospital and as the medicine wore off enough I was able to read one chapter.
Home and able to share my tribute to Star Wars day, though without my normal energy, I love using my teapot a birthday gift a few years back from my sisters and nieces and nephews. It is too cute.
I was thrilled this week too! In addition to getting a very advanced reading copy of CeeCee James book this week Booked for Murder, if you have a good eye you may have noticed a new teacup on my table. I was over the moon to find a 1940's Shelley Tea Cup at a local charity shop for $20.

While my teacups are in use regularly and not really a collection that just sit and collect dust. I may have to put this one on the shelf occasionally for display, though this one is so pretty it is hard not to want to use it every day. I love the shape and feel of it, a prize find for sure and a great addition to my working collection. I have used it a few times this week, with my Vanilla Black tea from Murchies and a few cups of  Peppermint tea.
Alice Loweecey had me laughing this week with her delightful book The Clock Strikes Nun, this one is out at the end of the month and such a fantastic series! Also all these apples are gone! Looking at this photo reminds me of how much my kids are growing and how fast they can consume these tasty treats, I must pick up a few more bags this week!
Sunday I shared my review of Meg Macy's new series about a teddy bear shop. I think this book is a great idea for a cozy series! I hope you will too.
This week I got some wonderful new releases to make my way through and downloaded some great treasures as well on my kindle app. I feel so lucky to be able to read and review what I do and even more grateful to have you here to join me for a cup of tea and a week in review.
I look forward to sharing more with you soon. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. The novel looks like a fun read. The dog is interested in reading it before anyone else does. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete