Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Miss Spelled by Morgana Best

Last week I downloaded Miss Spelled from Amazon when my friend Lisa K shared its book cover on Facebook. At the time of today's publishing it is currently free on Amazon.com by clicking here.Morgana Best is an Australian Author.  I love a paranormal cozy and this was a Witch themed cozy that I was unsure of at first, as the first I did not love how the main character Amelia is dumped by her boyfriend in the first few pages. I however was thrilled I continued reading on as I found the rest of the cozy quite charming. Amelia looses everything and she really did not have much to start with. In a very tragic and magical way her life is turned around when she learns of an inheritance that is much more then money, a business and home. This is the first in a series of seven and is only 226 pages long. I am glad that I downloaded it and read this book. I would be tempted to read more.
Amelia Spelled has had a bad week. Her boyfriend dumps her when she inadvertently gives him food poisoning. Her workplace, a telecommunications center, fires all their staff as they are outsourcing offshore, and she is evicted due to smoke damage resulting from her failed attempts at baking. Amelia thinks her luck has changed when she inherits her estranged aunt’s store, two mysterious cats, and beautiful Victorian house.Yet has Amelia jumped out of the frying pan into the fire? To Amelia's dismay, the store is a cake store, and she discovers that her aunt was a witch. To add to the mix, the house has secrets of its own.When a man is murdered in the cake store, will Amelia be able to cook up a way to solve the crime? Or will her spells prove as bad as her baking?

Thank you to Lisa K for this recommendation! You can find Miss Spelled on Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment