Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Maddie Hatter and the Deadly Diamond by Jayne Barnard

I bought myself this book on Saturday and I read Maddie Hatter and the Deadly Diamond by Canadian Author Jayne Barnard over the weekend. This is a Steampunk Adventure Mystery currently recommended for readers of 12 and older. It was a fun read, I can totally see why younger readers and not so young readers like myself have so many wonderful things to say about this book. We set off on a grand adventure over land, sea and sky with Maddie who is undercover as an investigative journalist and navigating a world that is expectedly beneath her stature as the daughter of a Steamlord! So much to love in this strong and industrious main character. Her clockwork bird is more than a pet, more than a constant companion and a brilliant addition to the story. I loved this story and found it really easy to imagine, even plausible in an implausible way. Lovely read and first in what I hope is a long running series.



No comments:

Post a Comment