Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gnome More Cancer, A Short Walk For A Long Journey

Years ago when I met my brothers wife Sarah I was given a great gift, not only her friendship but I got to meet her friend Debbie.  Debbie was fighting a very serious brain tumor. My sister in law has the most amazing support system of friends who I have had the pleasure via social media to get to know and it was there I began to follow her friend Debbie's journey. Debbie is in remission from brain cancer and she is along with her team of Gnome Warriors walking today to raise money and awareness for those who are battling brain cancer in Victoria British Columbia today. They are called Gnome More Cancer.
This is Debbie this morning from her facebook post with the caption  "This Gnome is ready to roam XO!"


Debbie and I share a love of Gnomes, but for very different reasons.  Debbie's amazing friends started Gnome'ing her house during her battle and what started as a laugh quickly became very powerful medicine and magic. What started as a laugh has turned into quite a mission!

 This amazing support system was there for her all through her treatment and her recovery.  They also all got Gnome Tattoos in support of Debbie and their mission.
Debbie and her friends inspire me. If you would like to learn more about Debbie please click the link below, or to donate to her walk today.

You can read more about Debbie's Story by clicking here.
You can find out more about the walk or to donate to the walk by clicking here 

This morning I lift my cup in support of Debbie and her Gnomes and all those who are battling brain cancer today.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy gnome spotlight!
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy your friend is a survivor of this horrific cancer. I know first hand just how cruel it can be.

    ReplyDelete