Thursday, April 27, 2017

What I did yesterday...

Yesterday was my birthday, that is right, I leveled up, going with leveling up as it sounds way better to be on level 42 then on level 24.... My wonderful friends threw me a surprise party at the mall. Actually I was spoiled all day long and evening too but I had to share this cake my friend made as I am still in shock!
My friend Banafshe is so talented. She not only baked and decorated this cake, she hand painted the teacups and treats for my cake! I am in so much awe!
I can not believe the attention to detail!

In addition to the cake and surprise party my baby sister baked me a birthday pie, her birthday is one week before mine so when we were growing up, my mother was sick of cake by my birthday and she would bake me a lemon pie, after she passed away 6 years ago, my sister continued the tradition. It is something I look forward to every year.
I did start reading Bearly Departed by Meg Macy yesterday morning and I am looking forward to sharing that review with you all again soon!

I was so wonderfully spoiled by all the wonderful friends who reached out, and participated in making me feel so much love, throughout the entire day. So many wonderful friends & family, readers and authors who took the time to make me feel really special on my birthday. I feel truly blessed.
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy birthday celebration. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Karen! What a wonderful celebration you had ... and maybe the party is continuing? I love your "leveling up," too!

    Banafshe is an incredible artist! I adore your cake!

    Many, MANY happy returns, and have a great TGIF and weekend!

    Light,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete