Saturday, April 29, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup April 22th-29th


Saturday morning after a very busy week, I am just barely started Bearly Departed by Meg Macy, and there is still so much cake/pie left, honestly you should drop by...
I can not remember a time I felt more warmth and love around my birthday. I feel so very lucky to have such an amazing group of friends and family who really went out of their way to make this birthday so special. This is a week I will remember for sure. It was heavy on friendship and love, not so much on reading sadly but I am getting back into that.
My sister and I tried paint night of the 27th of April, painting lighthouses which is really something more for me then her. I was so thrilled she wanted to come with me to give this class a try. I left with something I am quite proud of and though I love mine, the top of my sisters lighthouse was so much better then mine! She even got the lines right!

The above only represents a very small portion of the birthday confections I am working my way through, not seen are a sheet cake from costco which is delightful, a smores pie as well as cookies that arrived yesterday, truly spoiled for my tea times I tell you!
I read a lovely Cozy Mystery Short with A Murderous Valentine, by Beverley Watts, loved the characters, the dog in this book has a fantastic name! Strong characters, wit, humor and great lines.

I also loved the Spring Cleaning Murders by Dorothy Cannell this week, I cried at the end, you will love it.

In my cup this week I have had my lovely stand by my Murchies Vanilla Black tea, as well as several cups of Peppermint tea and a beautiful Jasmine tea I recieved for my birthday. I promise to share a review on that soon, and I promise to get back to reading!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a week in review. I look forward to sharing more with you again tomorrow. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment