Thursday, April 13, 2017

Jenn McKinlay's Caramel Crush

Today I am reviewing author Jenn McKinlay's Caramel Crush. This is the first book in the series for me, 9th book in the series for Jenn McKinlay, boy have I been missing out. This was a great cozy. A perfect read on a day when I needed an escape more than I craved a cupcake.
Even though I did not know or understand the backstory of these characters it really did not matter and I fell quickly into step. I am not normally a fan of books with a wedding plot but I loved this one. This was written in a caring and viable way, reminding me of my own Bridezilla moments and those of my friends, almost  20 years ago. Funny how timeless the Bridezilla Phenomenon is, how quickly it bonds and relates the story to you. I loved it. I could not put it down and think that this is a series I should go back and read.  The cover is spectacular and even the bit characters stood out to me, and I hope they stand out to you too.
Love is in the air at Fairy Tale Cupcakes as Angie prepares for her wedding, but co-owner, Mel, is preparing for a breakup. Her old friend, Diane Earnest, is dumping her fiancĂ© after discovering he’s only marrying her for her money. She wants Mel to personally deliver a batch of caramel breakup cupcakes to the louse and give her a play-by-play of his reaction. When Mel finally tracks the man down, the look on his face isn’t the reaction she was expecting: he’s dead. After the police arrive and see the incriminating cupcakes, Diane becomes their prime suspect. If she hopes to taste freedom again, Mel and Angie must make sure the real killer gets their just desserts...

Caramel Crush is out now and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment