Saturday, March 4, 2017

On My Table and in My Cup February 25th- March 4th

Welcome to the first Saturday in March, and this week's look back at the lovely things to cross my table.  I was lucky this week to have the addition of four new tea cups and saucers added to my collection. A childhood friend brought me three of her grandmother's treasured sets and gifted them to be used for their intended purpose. I have happily used them this week. One of those lovely Paragon sets is shown above.
 This white and gold stunner is made by HM Sutherland and has a lovely shape as well. I was so thrilled to be able to read and review Rhys Bowen's newly released book In Farleigh Field. A very moving and powerful cozy historical, I can recommend this one easily!
I also shared some reviews of some cozy short stories Giving Up The Ghosts is a part of a paranormal cozy series I am truly enjoying having read the first one free and purchasing the rest, I am looking forward to reading and sharing more of these cozy short mysteries with you again soon.
On Tuesday I read Maple Syrup Murder by Grace Lemon, this was another free cozy mystery short. I enjoyed this one. I often enjoy a cozy mystery where the main character is a tad over 30 years old and this one doesn't disappoint.
I also read Maddie Day's When the Grits Hit The Fan this week, out at the end of March this is a 3rd book in series fans of the series will for sure enjoy! I thought the twist was lovely.
If you are new to my blog you may not know this but I recently found out through DNA testing that I am Irish. My mother who  was adopted and who passed away 6 years ago, died never knowing who she was or where she came from. She did always feel a tug towards anything Irish and it would have given her great peace to learned the truth. If you would like to read about my DNA journey please click here. In celebration of my somewhat newly found heritage I ordered myself a book from the Book Depository and I will share my review with you tomorrow of The Irish Country Women's Association Book of Tea and Company.

Thank you for joining me for another cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I am new reader and I liked your post. Can you share some good readings with me? will be going to read your DNA journey now. Hope it is good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all the work you put into this site, helping out others with your fun and creative works. net worth

    ReplyDelete