Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pains and Penalties by Sarah Biglow

I found Pains and Penalties by Sarah Biglow on Amazon when I was searching for a cozy mystery to read yesterday morning and this one had everything I was looking for and so much more. At the time of publishing this cozy novella is FREE ON AMAZON. This is the first book in the Geeks and Things Cozy Mystery Novella Series. I was thrilled to find this series is based on a comic book store owner and I found this fast paced cozy was very well written.  A great mystery awaits you that was very interesting and wound neatly around the story. I loved main character Kalina's relationship with her nephew as well. I believe this shorter story will appeal to many cozy mystery fans.  I am so glad I found this series and I am looking forward to reading Toil and Trouble which I just downloaded free with the subscription to Sarah Biglow's Website Newsletter.



When Kalina Greystone returns home to the small town of Ellesworth, MA in the wake of her father's passing to take over the family's comic book shop, she never expects to reconnect with her old flame, Detective Christian Harper. But when elderly Mrs. Davies winds up murdered at the annual Solstice Fair, Kalina can't help but get swept up in his investigation and solving the case. While Detective Harper runs his investigation, she cozies up to the dead woman’s best friend, Mrs. Grant, and learns that she and a third woman, Ms. Ellicott, might be targets. Someone has sent them notes with the cryptic warning ‘Lying is a mortal sin’. As Kalina digs deeper into the women’s shared past, she unearths the perjury that sentenced an innocent man to prison. After discovering Ms. Ellicott dead in her home, Kalina and Detective Harper must race to unmask the killer before vengeance can be sated.

Click here to down load your own copy of Pains and Penalties for Kindle from Amazon
Click here to visit Sarah Biglow's Website to learn more about her writing and where you can get Toil and Trouble. 

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment