Saturday, February 25, 2017

On my table and in my cup February 18th-25th

Another week has come and gone and so much reading has happened this week. Upon my table this weekend is Laura Childs Pekoe Most Poison, I could not wait until my hardcover arrives and dove into this advanced reading copy. Book number 18 in this amazing series.
Thinking of my good friend who this weekend is on her way to Mardi Gras this weekend and celebrated this wonderful cozy last Sunday on my blog. Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron was brilliant and one I did not want to end. I highly recommend this book!
This week I shared 4 cozy mystery short stories all that were free on Amazon this week. A Scone Killer by Josephine Wiggle, about a new tea shop was a perfect choice for me and I think you will like it too!

Pains and Penalties by Sarah Biglow was up next and this very cool cozy is set around a comic book store owner. I enjoyed this one and look forward to reading more in this series.
Ghost in the Coffee Machine was so good I bought the series! Charity Tahmaseb has written a series of paranormal shorts, the first one shown above was so good I knew I had to read more. I down loaded the first 5 stories. I love that I have them waiting for me on my kindle app.
Friday I shared about  how much I loved how A Cue to a Kill was presented, not having read any in this series I did not know what to expect, but it was wonderful and I am thrilled I have another in the series on my kindle app to read as well!

This week I had the pleasure of daily puppy sitting/visiting my new "niece" 9 weeks old and cute as can be, our cats were not thrilled to make her brief acquaintance but the boys think she is pretty cute. Visiting her daily at my sister in laws has been fun.
Thank you so much for joining me here this week for a cup of tea and a week in review. I can not wait to share more wonderful books, teas and adventures with you again soon. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Another awesome week, Karen. I cannot wait to read Body in the Bayou. I recently finished Plantation Shudders and just loved it. Sooo many cozies, so little time. I've had extra reading time lately due to a sewing room remodel but I must get back to my doll clothes soon. However, I am going to always make room for my cozy mysteries. I have to credit you for introducing me to Kathi Daley's awesome books! I started with the TJ Jensen series, read 2, loved them then joined Kathi's FB book club and switched off to Whales & Tails for awhile since they're doing discussions on the first 4. I've rediscovered my library card so I can use Overdrive for borrowing some titles. Thank you for this blog! I've enjoyed your crafts and doll one for years now and was so happy to find this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tari! How wonderful to wake up to this lovely comment this morning. I am so pleased you are enjoying this blog as well as my doll one. I am so thrilled to hear you are finding some of the wonderful authors and series I have read, as spectacular as I did. I am thrilled to have you here. Happy reading and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! Ghost is such a kwel series. I enjoy your posts so much☕️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea so wonderful to hear from you! I am so thrilled you like my posts! Thank you!

      Delete