Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Wee Homicide In The Hotel by Fran Stewart

Friday afternoon in the first snowstorm of this week, I finished A Wee Homicide in The Hotel.  I am longing to sit in the August heat and at least I could in Fran Stewart's new book.  Out February 7th this Scotshop Mystery is a welcome distraction for these long winter nights. Shop owner Peggy and her Scottish Ghost Dirk find themselves wrapped up in another mystery during the Highland games in Hamelin. I found there is so much to take in and  much going on in this cozy mystery. Between the games, the shop and the characters Peggy has barely time to catch her breath. Bagpipes, drummers, families and politicians all cram into town and the shop, conflict, excitement, theft, mischief and more await you. Great characters, I especially liked the Scotties. 

Hamelin is overflowing with tourists enjoying the Scottish-themed games—and most of them are donning tartans from Peggy Winn’s ScotShop. And her fourteenth-century ghostly companion, Dirk, has been indispensable, keeping an eye out for shoplifters and matching customers’ family names to their clan plaid. Adding to the chaos is Big Willie, a longtime champion of the games, but not everyone is happy to have him in town. So when he misses the first event of the weekend, Peggy senses something is awry. After Willie is discovered dead in his hotel room, the victim of a bagpipe-related crime, Peggy decides it’s up to her and Dirk to suss out a murderer.
You can find your own copy of A Wee Homicide in the Hotel on Amazon by clicking here
Learn more about Fran on her website by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed WEE HOMICIDE, Karen. I've had such fun writing this series.

    ReplyDelete