Sunday, December 4, 2016

Spiced and Iced by Jenny Kales

This is how I spent my rainy Saturday night, curled up on the couch with a great book, a large cup of tea and far too many snowball shortbread cookies! I finished Spiced and Iced by Jenny Kales, the second in her Callie's Kitchen Mystery Series. This book is out on Amazon December 5th!  I so enjoyed this mystery! Holiday themed, exciting small town murder and a twist of romance. Perfect for a holiday evening in and I would love to see this on the small screen! Main character Callie is a strong willed, single mom who has a knack for cooking and baking with a Greek flair and some amazing sleuthing skills too. A quirky family and a bit of bad news don't slow her down. Callie is definatly someone who keeps getting knocked down but always gets up on her own two feet. I did not have it figured out until the reveal and I never saw it coming. Lots of fun in this mystery too. I particularly enjoyed a new character in the book as well, but wont spoil it for you! The food mentions and the recipes included had my attention for sure, I can not wait to make each of them. I may have already made one though, shameful plug there is a recipe of mine at the end of this book too!


To learn more about author Jenny Kales please click here.
To order your own copy of Spiced and Iced from Amazon please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment