Saturday, December 3, 2016

On My Table And In My Cup November 26th to December 3rd

December has arrived with the busy anticipation of the holidays and move. This is such a busy time of year and we often get caught up in what we should be doing, in the expectation, the anticipation and the hype. I have been trying to savor a few moments peace, take the time back from a season that seems to devour it. In my own busy and crazy life I am guilty of not doing this enough, being prone to worry and over planing and over expecting, so even these pauses are hard for me. Actually when I think about it, it is why I started taking photos of my morning tea, to force myself to slow down and capture the moment. A work in progress is what all of this is.
I came across this quote again earlier this week and it is one that really speaks to me, okay it yells to me. I am lucky in my life to have people placed here to remind me of exactly this. Take it as it comes, breathe, one step at a time and start where you are.  Life is extremely overwhelming and I am not the only one who feels this way. This is high functioning anxiety.
There is so many amazing things that cross my mind, my table and my heart and this week I was constantly reminded of the wonderful friends in my life who bring me joy. For that I am truly grateful....and there are books too!
I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing one of my most favorite authors newest up coming release. Lorraine Bartlett (with Laurie Cass) has a great mystery for you with Dead, Bath and Beyond. I really think you will love it.
Also on my table this week and a book I am currently reading Spiced and Iced by Jenny Kales! This is book two and the cover is fantastic. Shameless plug here one of my recipes is featured in this book! Such an honor to have been included! I can not wait to share my review with you all soon.
You may have noticed the tiny elfin sweat shop that became of my table earlier this week. I had so much fun making these and even found the perfect little Mickey Mouse Buttons to put on them for my nieces and nephews who are spending Christmas in Disney this year.

 I mailed them off to my Montreal crew yesterday and handed my other sister hers. When my oldest niece arrives on Christmas Day I will give her hers too. I hope they have a blast!
I also finished reading The Ghosts of Misty Hollow this week and it was a great paranormal cozy! Lots of warm and fuzzy feelings in this one. Perfect holiday read!
I am still very much enjoying the cookies  from my cookie exchange last Saturday night, in my cup this week I have had an all Murchies black tea week,  with my Vanilla Black tea, their lovely Lavender Black Tea and their Christmas Morning Blend. Having Murchies so close is a blessing and I did a drive by of my new neighborhood this week and noticed that there is a Murchies not far at all from my new place, walking distance actually. I am so excited! Saturday starts with hockey in this house and hopefully Sunday taking the boys and showing them the new place. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you take a moment to breathe and start where you are.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment