Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas Day and A Cookie Recipe To Share...

Merry Christmas to you and yours from my family to yours. Today I am sharing my Grandmother Gibson's Chocolate Czechoslovakian Cookies. They are a thumbprint cookies my dad, sisters and I love.
 Chocolate Czechoslovakian Cookies
9 ounces of flour (1 cup and 3 tbsp) white flour
2/3 cup of margarine
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup of white sugar (though my grandmothers recipe says 1/8 cup, I always add 1/4)

Jam (I use raspberry, my sisters use strawberry)
powdered sugar or icing sugar

In a mixing bowl add your margarine and sugar, beat together and add vanilla. Add your coco powder and then flour, work this mixture with your hands and roll small balls. Place on cookie sheet and use your thumb to press the centers in. Bake for 10 mins at 325, remove from the oven and re-dent the center. Add a tsp of jam in the center and use a small strainer to sprinkle icing sugar over the cookies while they cool on the tray. Serve with your favorite tea or store in an air tight container.

Hoping you are enjoying your celebrations, and that you can steal away some reading time and enjoy a cup of tea today. I look forward to sharing more with you again tomorrow. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment