Friday, September 30, 2016

The Witch and The Dead by Heather Blake

Sunday afternoon I finished The Witch and The Dead by Heather Blake. I have loved this series since book one and this the seventh book in the Wishcraft Mystery series did not disappoint. Have you ever experienced the sensation of being so completely engrossed in a story that when you are interrupted by someone that it takes you more then a minute to "come too"? I was interrupted during the last few chapters and I honestly could not shake myself back to reality. This book was just too good, to all consuming and over far to soon....hanging on every word right to the last one, I put the book down in a total trance. I did not want my time in the Enchanted Village to be over so soon...291 pages of a incredible story that not only took me away but blew me away too! Great mysteries all twisted and intertwined in the way only Heather Blake could write. The perfect balance of witchcraft, romance, family and mystery. I can not say enough about this series or this latest book.
Out October 4th this was such a pleasure to have on my table and now in my heart. Even though I received this book in advance to review,  I ordered a copy from The Book Depository many months ago, so it is a great privilege to have gotten this book early and now have a copy I can gift to my library.

When Darcy moved to Salem, Massachusetts, she never expected her life to change as drastically as it did. But within a short time, the Enchanted Village has become her home, its mystical residents have become her family, and As You Wish, the personal concierge business formerly run by her Aunt Ve, has become her calling. Still, the time has come for change—and for Darcy to move out of Aunt Ve’s house. Darcy’s belongings are stashed in Aunt Ve’s garage, alongside a mess of memories, forgotten possessions, and, to both Ve and Darcy’s horror, a pile of old bones. It turns out they belong to Ve’s long missing second husband. Now Darcy must unpack old secrets to solve a cold case—and make sure her aunt isn’t looking at a spell behind bars.


To order your own copy of The Witch and the Dead with Free Shipping From The Book Depository please click here.
To order your own copy from Amazon please click here.

Learn more about the wonderful works of Heather Blake by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment