Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Traveling Tea Shop By Belinda Jones A Lovely Escape

Sunday night I started The Travelling Tea Shop by Belinda Jones. I was so thrilled to get this book for a book swap I did in June and it was such a lovely read. Very cozy and lightly romantic with "a touch of mystery" adventure. This book was like a breath of fresh air and a calming coastal delicious retreat. I was so moved by the characters, their stories and how they came together. The food and history that was beautifully presented and easy to imagine with the way Belinda writes. I delighted in picturing myself traveling with this somewhat unlikely crew at the beginning of the book and felt like they were all family at the end of the trip. This was a very cozy, very calming and truly delightful read. The cover perfectly matched my Monday morning tea and set the tone for the week nicely.
A delectable tale of love, friendship and cake...Laurie loves a challenge. Especially if it involves tea-time and travel. So when British baking treasure Pamela Lambert-Leigh needs a guide on a research trip for her new cookbook, she jumps at the chance. The brief: Laurie and Pamela - along with Pamela's sassy mother and stroppy daughter - will board a vintage London bus for a deliciously unusual tour of the USA's East Coast, cruising from New York to Vermont. Their mission: To trade recipes for home-grown classics like Victoria Sponge and Battenburg for American favourites like Red Velvet Cake and Whoopie Pie. All the women have their secrets and heartaches to heal. As well cupcakes galore, there's also the chance for romance...But will making Whoopie lead to love?

To order your own copy of The Travelling Tea Shop  (with Free Shipping from The Book Depository) please click here
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my "cup of tea." I miss all the English baking now I live in Texas but did find a good recipe for my favorite - Bakewell tarts.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete