Friday, July 22, 2016

A Skeleton In The Family by Leigh Perry Was Fantastic!


Wednesday afternoon I finished A Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry. This was a book suggested to me by my friend Karen and suggested during the #saveourcozies read-a-long. I could not find it in store near me but my wonderful library had it and I could not wait to read it. I was THRILLED with it, as much as it is a cozy paranormal mystery it really did not feel paranormal if that makes sense. It was so well written and oddly plausible in a pleasing way. I quickly fell into step with story and loved every minute of it. It was funny, it was sad and it was endearing and it was wonderful. Great story, great characters and lots of heart. I was so sad to learn this series has been canceled and I truly hope that author Leigh Perry finds away to bring Sid to a new publisher or self publishes this series.
Most families have skeletons in their closets Moving back into her parents house with her teenage daughter had not been Georgia Thackery s Plan A. But when she got a job at the local college, it seemed the sensible thing to do. So she settled in and began reconnecting with old friends. Including Sid. Sid is the Thackery family s skeleton. He s lived in the house as long as Georgia can remember, although no one, including Sid, knows exactly where he came from and how he came to be a skeleton. Sid walks, he talks, he makes bad jokes, he tries to keep Georgia s dog from considering him a snack. And he manages to persuade Georgia to let him leave the house. But when she takes him to an anime convention disguised as a skeleton, of course he sees a woman who triggers memories of his past. Now he is determined to find out how he died with Georgia s help. But their investigation may uncover a killer who s still alive and well and bad to the bone FIRST IN A NEW MYSTERY SERIES!"
I love the cover art on this book and am now placing this series on the top of my wish list. I loved the theme of the book, the characters, setting, relationships and so much more. Wonderful read and one I am so glad was suggested to me.
To learn more about A Skeleton in the Family please click here for author Leigh Perry's website
To order your own copy of A Skeleton in the family please click here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Anything with a dog on the cover I'm sure to pick up. I'm glad you mentioned it wasn't the usual paranormal because I shy away from those but may try this one.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete