Thursday, March 31, 2016

Raisin The Dead by Karoline Barrett 2nd In Series Out April 19th.

I was selected to read an advanced reading copy of Raisin the Dead by Karoline Barrett and though I did not read the previous book in this series I have to tell you I was very pleasantly surprised. I worried that because I had not read the previous one I might not understand or be able to get into this one but I was very pleased to be wrong.  By the second chapter I was up to speed and it really did not matter. The characters are fun, the romantic story line was better then I expected and the twists and turns and a very interesting mystery coupled with over the top characters, great friendships and a community of women who support each others crazy antics was waiting for me the the chapters that followed.

While the rest of Destiny is focused on the arrival of an upper crust perfume mogul, Molly is more concerned about what’s on the front page of the newspaper: her mother. Library director Anne Tyler was photographed at the most romantic restaurant in town having a cozy dinner with library advisory board member Philip Baldelli. But there’s more for Molly to worry about after Philip is found dead a few days later. When Detective Sean Corsino zeroes in on Anne as a person of interest in the case, it turns down the heat on his budding romance with Molly. But after Whilhe’s injured during the course of his investigation, Molly and Olivia must step in to sift through the clues and clear Anne’s name.


Out April 19th you have time to order Raisin the dead by clicking here and order read the first one
I enjoyed this story, I find I am already wondering about book three! 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment