Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Kitchen Witch Tea Pot Find!

I stopped in at my local charity shop and was tickled to find what I call a Kitchen Witch Tea pot. growing up my mother had a Kitchen Witch hanging in the kitchen that looked just like my new teapot.  I have come to understand that this tea pot is called Baba Yaga , you can read more about the folk lore of Baba Yaga by clicking here.
This teapot I bought for $8 is a really good find.  I have seen them on line for quite a bit more. I really am thrilled to have her . It is said that Baba Yaga is the protector of Life water, and that she is a guardian of the home. I am still on the look out for a kitchen witch like my mother had but this was a truly great find for a tea lover like me! Now to find her a place of honor! 

Somehow over the years Baba Yaga became a Scandinavian kitchen witch. My own mother had at least one that I remember but when we moved when I was 11 I don't remember seeing it after that. I have been trying to track one down for years. My mothers was dressed in black like the one in the cross stitch. I would love to track one down so if you happen to see one wont you please let me know?
Thank you so much for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery today I look forward to sharing more  with you tomorrow. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment