Tuesday, March 22, 2016

May Your Table Be A Place Where Friends Meet, Family Gathers And Loves Steeps...

Waking up to the words there has been another terrorist attack...as I did this morning makes me so very upset.  I am tired of this, as I think we all are.  I do not have the answers for world peace, I am not a politician nor do I want to be at this point in my life but I do believe in being a beacon for peace in a world that seems to be stuck in the fog. We need lighthouses. Lighthouses of every shape, size and color lighting the way and guiding the way for peace, understanding and love. I think we have many people like this, like me in the world, but I think we have a distribution problem for that message for kindness, peace, friendship and love.

Get to know your neighbors, their neighbors and families then make them your friends. Make friends of all faiths, backgrounds and social economical backgrounds. Learn from them, from their history from their struggles from their journeys.  I have friends of all different faiths, I treasure those friendships, those connections and I feel very blessed to have each of them in my life. We are more together then we are apart. Shine your lights, shine them bright and put the kettle on, it is going to be a long night.
Back to cozies and more tea tomorrow, as with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment below or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment