Monday, January 25, 2016

Reading Up A Storm, A Tremendous Third Addition To The Lighthouse Library Mystery Series

I spent the weekend reading and thoroughly enjoying Eva Gate's Reading Up A Storm this weekend. Though truth be told we had only rain and not that massive Winter Storm our friends in the East got. I took every stolen opportunity to sit and read this very enchanting book about a lighthouse that is also a library. I adore the idea and this series.

"Misfortune blows into North Carolina s Outer Banks when a dead body in a boat on the shore leaves local librarian Lucy Richardson racing to solve a strange new mystery...." After a successful party at Bodie Island s Lighthouse Library, librarian Lucy Richardson is ready to curl up with her cat, Charles, and a good book. But her R and R is cut short when she notices some mysterious lights leading a small boat to crash into the coast. The two shipwrecked seafarers survive the ordeal but one of them shows up dead ashore a few days later. Lucy finds herself again roped into a murder investigation and navigating a sea of suspects, all of whom had motives to deep-six the deceased. And this time, she has a sinking feeling that finding the real killer won t be so easy..."

As covers go this one is a fantastic one. When I first saw the cover art for Book or By Crook, it was the cover that made me order it and I am so glad I did, the cover art is important to me and it really does set the scene in this series. I can imagine where Lucy's Apartment sits, the patrons in the library, the reading club areas and the lovely library cat.  
In 72 more days you yourself will see what I mean about Reading Up a Storm. I found myself captivated by the story and even as it unfolded I was amazed at the twists and turns the mystery took, who the killer was, was not even on my radar until the very end. I hope this series becomes more then just a trilogy as I felt like I was only just getting re acquainted with my old friends as the story comes to a close. 
I really loved and appreciated this story, for the way it took me away and the emotions it evoked. I also can not help but imagine what it would be like to live in a light house, something I always wanted to do since I was a very young girl. I have a small collection of little lighthouses to keep me company while I enjoy the very thought. Imagine the tea parties and weddings I could host....but that is a story for another time. 
Pre Order Reading Up A Storm from the Book Depository by clicking here.
or on Amazon for Kindle by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment