Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Big Chili By Julia Buckley, A Great Story About Feeling The Fear And Choosing To Live Life Anyway.

I just finished The Big Chili, sent to me by my friend Karen to read and review and I have to tell you that it was pretty darn good. The idea of the book is that main character 27 year old Lilah Drake is finding her own way after a failed relationship with the help of her family and some really good clients her super secret "covered dish" catering service. The story has a pretty good mystery and I thought I knew who the killer was really early, which disappointed me as I often don't figure it out but Julia wrote this story well and I was truly surprised in the end.
I enjoyed the fact that this mystery was taking place the same time of year and week that I finished it. I love it when that happens! I also liked that on the morning I finished The Big Chili that I came across a quote by George Addair that I think not only applies to my life but it very much did to the story I was reading as well. The quote on the first photo above is  "Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear"
I have thought about the quote all day and evening and that is so true, fear can be an insurmountable barrier to success and debilitating but it also maybe the only thing standing in your way. Sometimes the right book and series finds you at the right time and this book was that for me. I truly enjoyed this first in series and I look forward to reading more about Lilah's next adventures. To order your own copy of The Big Chili please click here. 

Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and A Cozy Mystery I look forward to sharing another cup and cozy with you again soon. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment