Saturday, October 24, 2015

On My Table and In My Cup October 17-24

This week on My Table and In My Cup I would like to start by expressing my sadness and shock at learning that author Joyce Lavene passed away on October 20th. Joyce was so much more to me then an amazing author who reached out to her readers. To me she was a friend and mentor, she honored me by commenting on my daily tea photos and included me in her early review copies of her and Jim's amazing stories and she became one of my biggest supporters here on my blog and in my work.

 Joyce and I last exchanged messages on Facebook last Friday and I was so shocked upon my return from camp this week to learn that she had passed away. My heart goes out to Jim and the rest of Joyce's family as well as the entire cozy community. Joyce was my friend, a lady I so respected and an incredibly talented author. I feel so very blessed to have been able to have known her in this way.
Earlier this week, I finished Ghost of A Potion by Heather Blake this week and loved having it in my table.
This Monday Canada voted and we now have a new Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau of the Liberal Party was elected with a Majority. I exercised  my right to vote and expressed my pride in the ability to do so with my morning tea photo.

I started The Big Chili this week by Julia Buckley and while I was away my Tea Time Magazine Subscription Arrived!

This week I was very much out of my comfort zone at an outdoor camp with one of my boys. I was cold and I it was damp for most of the week but I was thrilled that the camp had the most amazing selection of teas for parents, staff and teachers. Zhena's Gypsy Tea which you find at Whole Foods! I enjoyed the Red Lavender Herbal Roobios tea, as well as their Raspberry Earl Grey and a few other wonderful flavors, if you get a chance I recommend giving it a try! You can order on line with well.ca a service my friend swears by! You can visit them on line by clicking here 
Thank you so much for joining me for a week in review and a tribute to my friend Joyce Lavene.
I look forward to sharing more tea and more cozy mysteries with you again soon. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment