Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Travel Day and Book Store Stop

I am traveling right now and have a few minutes to write so I am sharing with you my first cup of tea of the day, it is about 5 pm as I write this from my hotel room and yes I brought a cup and saucer with me. I know the risk, they may not survive the trip but I promise it is worth it. Styrofoam cup tea is not delightful.
We made a stop today on our trip through Oregon at a Powell's books location, if you are unfamiliar with Powell's, I can only describe it as the Club Med of book stores....
I had the goo fortune of finding myself alone in the store completely surrounded by my friends. A delight for sure. If you find yourself in Oregon give yourself at least a half a day to take it all in!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery today!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love intimate bookstores! I love meandering down narrow aisles with shelves crowded, but organized (OCD pet peeve) with colorful books. I love having the opportunity to explore a book first sitting comfortably in one of those puffy chairs situated in a hidden corner... And styrofoam cups!! Don't get me started. If I can't bring my favorite cup with me, I buy one. I've even kept my room service cup, so I had it every morning. ☕️. kat8762@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Portland, OR, and I love Powell's. It just has personality. It is a must stop for tourists. Not only do I love the big (downtown store) but I love the Beaverton, Hawthorne, and Hawthorne cookbook stores. (I would probably love the one at the airport, but I hardly ever go there.

    kaye dot killgore at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete