Sunday, June 21, 2015

Use The Good Stuff, What Are You Waiting For?


Good morning to you all. A friend messaged me this week and had been going through her mothers things, (she had recently passed). I was offered some of the most beautiful teacups and saucers from her collection.

What an honor to help them reach their full potential and have them again see the light of day. These teacups that have been stored in the cupboard for years now magically grace my table. I think it is always a good idea to use the good china, do this for yourself and your loved ones.

We all know how precious life is and it is not worth waiting for a special occasion to pull out the good stuff. That special occasion is now, you are that special occasion, now is the time to enjoy and celebrate, give thanks and of course to reflect even when it feels hard and unfair like it does right now. With what we see on the news, hear in the media, experience in our own communities. Life is often difficult and far to busy.

 I even let my youngest nieces and even my boys use the good stuff, you see they are worth more then the cost of replacement of a few dishes, the memories are worth the risk of a few chipped or broken pieces, I have learned more from those very few chips and enjoyed that time we all have had together. So pull out the good stuff and remember to use it.
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of tea and I hope you will be inspired to get the good stuff out and use if even if you only use it daily for yourself!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment