Saturday, June 20, 2015

On My Table And In My Cup This Week June 14-20th

This week started off with the solemn news that my friend Gienna's daughter Ahmie who had been battling Cancer passed away early Sunday morning. Ahmie was amazing.  At 14 she was able to accomplish more in her short time here then many do in their life times. Though she lived she also suffered and her family allowed us to follow their journey.

 She asked that we not be sad so I wont be sad but I will think of her often, with each first morning cup of tea and remember her accomplishments and family. May she live for ever in our Memories and her family know and feel the love we all feel for them. Please keep her family in your thoughts and lift your cups high in her honor.
On my table a very special cup from a very special lady. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for and thought of my friend Ahmie who passed away this week, I was able to visit with her and her family on Monday and take home her special cup. What an honor. 
On my table and side of my chair this week has been A Fatal Chapter by Lorna Barrett. I love this series and hated to have the book end!
My pillow arrived from Etsy and it reads "I just want to drink tea, read, sleep and create stuff" which is pretty much me in pillow form.
I have been pulling out some old favorites in my tea cup collection and am blessed with a whole bunch of new ones from a friend who thought I could help her tea cups reach their full potential and see the light of day.
This stunning Adderley set reminds me of Cicely Mary Barker Flower Fairy Fairies books.
"No need for journeying, seeking afar, where there are flowers the fairies are "

This morning I chose this stunning corset style lavender Royal Albert beauty that was included in the gift collection from my friend. It is so elegant and such a beauty! 
I had a special visitor in all her first tea party finery! My niece Phoebe, Sporting her new and adorable teething necklace from loulou Lollipop Vancouver a local company that makes teething jewelry that moms and tots will love wearing! We had our first outdoor dolly tea party. Even my cat Squirrel put in an appearance.  

Thank you for joining me for A Cup Tea and A Cozy Mystery this morning and I look forward to another week of mystery and fun to share with all of you. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. I still find it hard to believe that Ahmie's journey here on earth is done. But she is pain free in her new journey.
    A wonderful post today. I adore your new teacups.

    ReplyDelete