Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Book Yourself In to Book Clubbed by Lorna Barrett

The Booktown Mysteries by Lorna Barrett are one of my most, if not my most favorite of the Cozy Mysteries. I have all of these books and hers is the only book I allow myself to order in Hardcover. I honestly can not wait to read each new one in the series and pre ordered this book from The Book Depository as soon as it became available.
 I was so thrilled when this book arrived last Friday and I could not wait to start it, Saturday morning.
Sunday night I was reading this wonderful book when I got some very sad news, my younger brother passed away in his sleep. We are devastated by his death and a bit lost at the moment.
I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of so many wonderful friends in the last few days and I am very thankful that in the stolen moments of grief, I had a tiny town with wonderful Characters to escape too. The wonderful group of Characters I have been reading about for the last few years was very comforting. It was wonderful to get caught up in the lives of the Stoneham Residents and loose myself for a few minutes.
I don't want to give too much away about this book but I will say how very much I appreciate this series and how it has evolved. I love how Lorna Barrett writes.  I find I get to know each Character better with each book, have come to consider them some of my most favorites. Lorna had me guessing until the end who the killer was and shocked and amazed at how wonderfully this story ended.
I also love the recipes in the back of this book a wonderful added bonus!
So if you have the opportunity and desire to loose yourself in a wonderful series I highly recommend Lorna Barret and The Booktown Mysteries. I am so grateful for the day I stood in front of the cozy rack at my library spun it and by chance the book that stopped in front of me was one of Lorna Barrett's. I took that chance on a book based on it's cover, and I am so very glad that I did. You can find out more about Lorna Barrett and her Booktown Mystery Series by clicking here.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment