Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pecan Pies and Homicides, A Read I Could Not Put Down....


So one of you dear readers recently asked me how long it takes me to read a cozy, well usually a few days to a week but with Ellery Adam's third installment of the Charmed Pie Shoppe Mysteries, I was able to read this book in 2 days. Maybe not fast for some of you but given the fact I am dyslexic, a mother of 3 and had a concussion a few months back, this feels like a victory to me!
 In the first chapter of the first book in this series Pies and Prejudice I was instantly enchanted  and half way through chapter 3 I ordered Peach Pies and Alibis which felt like forever before it was released! That often happens with books I pre order and can not wait for, these magical adventure mysteries are addicting...
Chewy her wonderful dog and her amazing family and friends make you want to pack up and move to Havenwood Georgia with out  a second thought!
The cover art on each of these books truly reflects the stories with in.
I wish that the above photo from yesterday was more in focus! 
In this story Ella Mae is faced with some difficult choices to help her family her friends and the magical people of Havenwood. Her selfless acts make you love her and this series even more. I love that the end of each book gives you a look at the next magical adventure that lays a head for Ella Mae and her family. 
You can keep up to date on all of Ellery Adams series by clicking here for her Mystery Website. I can assure you that I will be pre ordering her next Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery as soon as I hear it is available.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review, my friend! How I'd love to sit on the other side of that table and have a cuppa with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be most welcome anytime....kettle is always on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Karen. I also love this series a lot. I do think she has the most gorgeous covers of everyone. Have you pre-ordered the first book in her new series yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I did not know she had a new series I am going to check it out now, of course I just placed an order for books today wish I read my comments before I hit send! At least with the Book Depository shipping is always free so I don't have to hit a minimum! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete